Come work with us
Things are getting even busier here at Si digital and we are now looking for a range of passionate, skilled people to join our team.
If you’re a Front End Developer, Back End Developer or Junior Designer we would love to hear from you.
In return we will offer you an enjoyable working environment, table tennis, team days out, sensible project deadlines, the latest kit, crazy hack projects and a studio near the sea. Check out some other great benefits of working here.
A little about us
We’re a friendly, close knit-team from Southsea, Portsmouth where we create perfect user
experiences for our clients. Our websites are well planned, considered and coded to perfection
- we've worked with a broad range of amazing clients over the years and had a lot of fun in our
lab. We’ve released popular public experiments, such as tweeted electric shocks on
Halloween and Sid the robotic arm.
The team is growing, the new studio is in place and we’re looking for more talented, creative
people to work with our existing team.
What we are looking for
We are actively seeking a Front End Developer, a Back End Developer and a Junior Designer to join our
growing team, located in Southsea, Portsmouth.
Front End Developer
You will have some commercial Front End Development experience and have a real passion for pixel perfection
and creating intuitive user experiences.
You will be working closely with the Lead Developer and Lead Designer to produce a variety of exciting
projects for our clients, being involved with the client from inception to launch.
We're looking for someone with a strong understanding of front end development technologies including:
- HTML5, CSS3 (including animation and media queries)
- CSS frameworks including Bootstrap or similar
- Version control (Git/SVN)
- Intermediate PHP knowledge
- Intermediate knowledge of Wordpress
- Excellent communication skills over email and phone
- Passion to learn new technologies
- Hatred for large image sizes and love for compression tools
It would be great if you also had the folowing:
- Understanding of MVC and JS/PHP frameworks, such as Backbone/Angular/Zend
- Experience with LESS/Sass
- A burning desire to tell everyone how much you love SVG
- Experience using Wordpress as a backend only solution
- Realtime technologies such as WebSocket/Socket.io
- Any interest in electronics and any wild ideas for our Lab
Back End Developer
Working closely with our development team, you'll be required to assist building bespoke websites for our clients
and in-house projects, getting stuck into all areas, from specification and wireframing, to project launches. Your skillset will include:
- PHP 5.3+ (experience in ZF desirable)
- XML and SOAP (desirable)
- CSS (LESS/Sass desirable)
- Version control
- Be organised and have good communication skills
- Team player
- HTML5 (desirable)
- Knowledge of responsive layouts (desirable)
- Passion to learn new technologies
We are looking for a bright spark with a keen eye for pixel perfect design. You may not have a
whole load of commercial experience, but what you lack in experience you make up for with passion
and a good portfolio of work from your University course or your current Junior Designer role.
At Si digital you will be exposed to all processes of a typical project, working with a broad range
of clients in varying industries. Although this role is primarily Website design, UI / UX, some
projects require branding and illustration.
If you can tick off the list below then send us your portfolio and lets have a chat.
- A varied portfolio demonstrating problem solving and creativity
- Strong research skills to inform design decisions
- Experience of creating wireframes and user flows
- The ability to be able to communicate your ideas to present to team members and to clients
- Advanced knowledge of Photoshop, illustrator and similar tools
- Working knowledge of HTML & CSS is a plus
- A passion for design projects in the form of self initiated work
- A constant desire to create
What we can offer you
- A competitive salary, which will be discussed with the right candidate(s) at the interview
- The latest 27" iMac and the freedom to use the tools you are comfortable with
- Support from the company to help train and develop you going forwards
- Hack days and time allocated to working on personal projects
- Creative, friendly place to work
- Regular meals and drinks out as a team
- Four and a half day working weeks
- Ping pong in the studio
These are full time positions working from our studio in Southsea, no freelancers - sorry
No recruitment agencies please, ever.