Business Development / Account Manager
Perks and Benefits
- 33.5 hour week
- Half day, work from home Fridays
- Realistic project deadlines
- Excellent work/life balance
- A budget for support and training
- Free breakfast every day
- Regular meals and drinks out as a team
- A seaside location
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Company pension contribution
- Free eye tests
Since the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic, we have grown significantly – increasing the team by 25% in just three months. There is no escaping the fact that there are going to be tough times ahead, but as an agency formed in the midst of an economic downturn, we absolutely believe that there is opportunity to be found in these situations.
We are looking for the right person to lead this charge with us, and hope that it’s you.
The majority of the role is focussed around new business, with account management being a smaller, but still significant, part of your day-to-day activities.
As a result of the work we do, we have managed to grow organically with referrals being our primary source of new business. To assist with the future growth plans we have, we want to take a more proactive approach to new business generation moving forward.
Having already mastered these activities in a similar agency based role, we see the perfect candidate being confident with the following:
- Independently generating outbound leads
- Working with the marketing department to increase the number and quality of inbound leads
- Building long-term relationships with potential new clients
- Finding and targeting specific companies that we are interested in working with
- Fully understanding our range of services and how these can solve problems for potential clients
This role is not suitable for someone who expects handfuls of leads to be dropped on their desk for them to follow up. The ideal candidate will be extremely well experienced in generating their own leads and also realises that sometimes these leads can take 6+ months to nurture before they turn in to a potential sale.
We have a wide range of clients, differing in sizes and industries, and we always try to ensure our clients are happy with what we do. The Account Management role so far has been something that every member of the team who has interactions with the client has been doing – to varying degrees.
Moving forward, our clients need better servicing and we need to be offering them more services.
The right candidate will have previous account management experience and will be keen to ensure client satisfaction, whilst also exploring other business opportunities.
- At least three years new business / sales or account management experience in a digital agency
- Excellent people skills, with the ability to engage on all levels with clarity and empathy
- Excellent written skills, enabling presentations and sales documents to be written in a concise manner with all the relevant details and requirements
- Confident to pitch to new clients at all levels
- High level of diplomacy and an ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships, both with clients and within the agency
If you feel you are the right person for this role, please get in touch with a copy of your CV and a cover letter, clearly demonstrating why you feel you would be a great addition to the team here at Si digital.
Respectfully no recruitment agencies please.
Plan your project